How is Careers taught at Dovedale?
Throughout Year 10 and Year 11 PSHE
Post 16 and job research using software and websites:
- National Careers Service
- START profile careers software
- Not going to uni
- Government apprenticeship website
Researching Post 16 options
- Applying for jobs and college courses
- Writing a covering letter
- Writing a CV
- Preparing for an interview
- Good and bad interviews
- What to wear to an interview
- Interview questions and answers
Alongside a visit to a post 16 provider, pupils explore post 16 options and link different subjects to careers.
Work experience placement in Y10
- The benefits of doing work experience
- Finding a work experience placement
- Writing to and contacting a placement
- Completing a work experience log book
- Solihull College Blossomfield Campus
- Queen Alexandra College
- The Skills Show at the NEC November 2018
- Individual visits to providers are made when appropriate
- National Citizen Service
- James Brindley Careers Fair.
How can you support your child at home
- There are many ways that you can help your child to make plans for their future can:
- Listen carefully to their views and be open to exploring different ideas.
- Together research careers ideas and post 16 options using websites and attending open days.
- START profile careers software can be accessed at home alongside other websites listed above.